PodHawk 1_7 was released today. You can download it from SourceForge.
The main new features are:
- a plugins archticture. PodHawk 1_7 ships with a small group of plugins which you can use
- to ping weblog services and send a tweet to Twitter when a new post goes on air;
- make PDFs from your postings;
- permit Ogg audio and video files to be played on your website;
- place ShareThis, Facebook, Digg etc links on your posts;
- truncate postings (with ‘...read more’ links) on multi post pages
- improved security – PodHawk no longer requires any directories to have ‘world-writeable’ (0777) permissions. Read this for details.
- support for the latest version (version 5.2) of the JW audio and video player, and the new .zip skins for the player
- an improved install programme
- plus a number of bug-fixes
I have removed the old CGI upload feature. You can upload files with the Flash uploader, the built-in FTP client (ZUpload) or with your own FTP programme eg Filezilla.