PodHawk 1.5 was released today. You can download it here. The download package contains instructions on how to install Podhawk, and how to update from PodHawk 1.4.
New features include :
- URL rewriting. For example, instead of www.mypodhawksite.com/index.php?cat=music, your listeners can now ask for www.mypodhawksite.com/music. Further details in the PodHawk wiki.
- Option to send a tweet to your followers on Twitter whenever you put a new posting on air.
- Option to include Share This links on your posts.
- A new system for counting downloads. PodHawk can now count plays of mp4 and flash videos from the JW player on your site; previously it could count only plays of mp3s.
- thumbnail images in the images manager
- Option to populate home page with posts from a single category, instead of from all categories
The big changes however are under the bonnet. Large parts of the coding have been rewritten to make PodHawk more secure against sql injection, cross-site request forgeries and other nasty stuff. Again, fuller details are in the Wiki. I have also replaced Adodb (the programme which handles database transactions in PodHawk) with adodb-lite, which uses smaller resources on your server.
Please update your PodHawk site as soon as possible to benefit from the important security enhancements in PodHawk 1.5.
PodHawk 1.5 will be the last release to support php4. Most php servers today run php5, and php6 will be available soon. If your server still runs php4, tell your web host or server administrator that it is time to upgrade!